Gonzaga vs. DeMatha

10/6/2017 8:52:35 PM

26-0 Eagles late in the third quater.......WOW

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down

Re: Gonzaga vs. DeMatha

10/9/2017 7:32:28 AM
@lbaxter
I Agree

Congratulations to Gonzaga on another clutch road win at DeMatha.  This makes the SJC game the most important last game of the season in 2017.  Both teams are very good, but SJC is a slight favorite because of the pressure Casamento is under.  

It will be tough to beat SJC, especially for DeMatha when they travel to Military Road in a couple of weeks.  Gonzaga vs SJC is still neutral site, and it could decide the easiest playoff route.  It is still about the Big Four, including Good Counsel.  We are in store for rematches because of the format so everybody is getting ready for revenge, or to further prove their dominance.  

10/6/2017 9:27:15 PM

St. John's beats GC 31-9

Gonzaga leading DeMatha 26-13 late.....

Could finally be the year we see SJC and GZ in the championship

Re: Re: Gonzaga vs. DeMatha

10/6/2017 9:28:15 PM
@lbaxter

dont count us out just yet

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Gonzaga vs. DeMatha

10/7/2017 12:43:19 PM
@DeMathaPride

Your out now.

10/6/2017 9:46:17 PM

Close one after all....Gonzaga wins 26-20. 

default avatar

10/7/2017 12:43:59 PM
@lbaxter

Not really...

default avatar

10/6/2017 10:03:32 PM

Gonzaga needs to take a long hard look at this game film.  Up 26-0 early in 4th Qtr and need to desperately hold on to win by 6.

complete lack of focus to close out a game. DeMatha receivers running wide open on every single crossing pattern, fortunately DeMatha lacks a qb this year. This was an opportunity for gonzaga to make a statement and they did not. Congrats on the win, yet you may want to spend hours on the film of the last 10 minutes of that game.

default avatar

10/6/2017 10:35:16 PM
@zagman74

Eagles are a very young team , very young .  This was a big and unexpected win for them . They did make a statement , they won a game nobody expected them to and maybe it wasn’t pretty but they held on to beat the defending WCAC Champs and #1 rated team in the DC area . 

default avatar

10/6/2017 11:25:35 PM
@goeagles
I get they are young with a freshman qb, who played like a senior this evening, and young at other spots. The core is not on their first rodeo and I find it interesting that anytime Gonzaga does beat DeMatha... Why is it always unexpected? But enough on that stuff. My point was, they outplayed DeMatha in every phase of th game for 3 qtrs and 2 minutes and then could not close the deal the way they deserved to. To play that well then play so poorly for 10 minutes is not youth, you could see it in the players and how,they held themselves on the field and before you know it its receivers running free, turnover after a game ending dagger of a run by Sweeney, penalties they avoid d all night show up and poof 26-20 and dematha ended up maybe 35 yards away from winning score.My point was this, forget youth, the final 10 minutes was just awful for a team that had played nearly perfect.
default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gonzaga vs. DeMatha

10/7/2017 12:45:40 PM
@zagman74

GZ take the WIN and perhaps DM will learn something...

default avatar

10/7/2017 8:52:23 AM

SJC and Gonzaga in the Championship with SJC winning it all this year!

default avatar

10/7/2017 12:46:47 PM
@Crazy

That would be a sight to see!👍🏈

default avatar

10/9/2017 6:56:24 AM

Good win for GZ,,,, DM played poorly early.  DM certainly had its chances though ,,, too many dropped passes (including one by #2, I think, that could have won the game at the end that went through his hands).  I'm sure DM will be back but this was a solid win for the young Zags.  Don't count DM out just yet ....... November is a different season and they have proven to be very tough during the playoffs.   DM vs SJC in the championship re-match.  JMO. 

default avatar

10/9/2017 9:11:33 AM
@FootballFanatic11

#2 for Dematha had 3 drops that would have been potential TDS and or put his team on the doorstep in the 3rd and 4th qtrs. 

#11 also had a drop in the end zone

default avatar

10/9/2017 12:07:59 PM
@araiderfan

Agreed ,,, that being said ,,,, and taking nothing from GZ because they played a very good game ,,,,, DM had several chances to win the game.  Players just had a bad night it looked like.  Because the dropped passes had nothing to do with anything GZ did.  Though they were out played ,,,, "IF" #2 and #11 had better nights catching the football DM wins the game.  Which is why when they play again in the playoffs (GZ will lose to SJC and face DM again) its going to be very interesting to see how DM responds. 

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gonzaga vs. DeMatha

10/9/2017 2:44:38 PM
@FootballFanatic11

I think that #GZvsSJC is really close to call.  Like literally anything can happen.  SJC getting the win in my book is 90% me hoping that DeMatha can face Gonzaga again for the 2/3 seed matchup in the playoffs.  Obviously, that is the easiest route for the Stags to make the championship because I just don't see that many dropped balls and penalties happening in November.

DeMatha might be in the midst of a QB controversy though.  You can rotate all those receivers all day, but the team didn't score until Najarian came in.  And it isn't like Lenhart didn't have a shot because he came out in the 3rd still looking flat.  There is also the possibility that the entire team had a bad game, but this is the second time this has happened in three years.  The trap game after homecoming is always difficult but it also looked like Tyler was rusty handling the football for a while there.  Dropped snaps and three-and-outs shouldn't be able to stop the Stags when the offense gets clicking.  The Stags have been spoiled of late, and it just goes to show how good English was.  I'm guessing that we are going to see a featured running game and more blocking schemes instead of trying to decipher all of that.

Stags should play loose from now on.  The pressure of being #1 is off and now they can all just focus on getting better.  The Stags have been in this position before and won more than a few championships.  It's about to get real.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gonzaga vs. DeMatha

10/9/2017 9:23:02 PM
@dicooper

Expect a heavy dose of the RB Lloyd when he comes back. It was an upper body injury so he's going to be about as fresh as it gets. 

You must login to report abuse. Close